Uncle Sam Doesn’t Scare Me…
Taxes Don’t Have To Scare You Either
I have been a licensed tax professional for 33 years, an Enrolled Agent – Enrolled to Practice before the Internal Revenue Service.
That description can be misleading. I have NEVER worked for the IRS and I do not represent that agency. The license entitles me to prepare tax returns and represent clients in federal tax court – completely independent of the government. While I am licensed to prepare tax returns for Corporations and Partnerships, I have always worked with individuals and have helped hundreds of people over the last 3 decades. Many call me their Tax Go-To-Gal.
There is nothing that I have seen that I haven’t been able to solve. In many cases it required research, but it all works out because I “speak IRS”. None of my clients have been audited because there is nothing that the IRS can question.
Every year the IRS releases Publication 17. This is a tax preparer’s “Bible”, where all the general tax information for the year can be found. If more details for a particular situation are needed, Pub. 17 will direct you to that more detailed publication.
Time To Think About Taxes Now.
- Do you have all your documents?
- Do you know what they mean to your taxes and deductions?
- Do you know which forms to use?
- Do you know how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together?
- Or do you just put it all together and give it to someone else to “take care of it” for you?
If you’d like to take back control of your taxes, I can help you understand your situation and also how to use the commercial tax programs available on the market such as Turbo Tax and Tax Cut (H&R Block). Both have interview segments to help you, and you and I can review issues together. You may not have thought so, but you can Flex Your Tax Return Mojo too!
Latest posts by Ellen Wanamaker (see all)
- 5 Tax Savings Steps Using Itemized Deductions - January 5, 2019
- At What Age Should Women Begin To Create Their Emergency Fund? - August 2, 2017
- Why An Emergency Fund Is A Must For Every Woman’s Financial Fitness - July 26, 2017
- Additional Refunds With Amended Tax Returns - May 1, 2017
- Estimated Tax Payments – The Real Deal - April 10, 2017